Share your experience and skills with the employer
Add your previous work experience and skills by adding the following information
- Your previous/current employer’s name
- Your job title
- When you started and completed work there
- The skills you used in the job
- The work areas related to the job
To add work experience and skills:
- Fill in your previous/current employer’s name
- Fill in the job title
- Insert when you started and completed the job (check “I currently work here” if the job is your current job)
- Add skills you used in the job by selecting from the clickable suggested skills, or by searching for your skill in the text box. If you cannot find the skill, type the name of the skill in full and then select “create new skill …” at the top of the drop down
- Select the work areas related to you job
- Click Save
Once you have added a job, you can click “Add another” to add another job. You can also go back and edit any job once you have saved it, or delete it completely from your profile.
Skills refer to the technical aspects of performing your job. This could be:
Your experience in a certain field, e.g., as an accountant in a law firm, you might have technical skills in Fringe Benefit Tax .
Specific tools (software/hardware/machinery) used in your job, e.g., in accounting you may use MYOB, or if you’re in mining/heavy industry you might have operated a Cat D11 Dozer.
We suggest you search for varying terms to help you understand what are considered skills. Add as many skills as you can so your profile is full and complete.
This section is about understanding areas where you have gained your experience in. For example: If you’re an accountant - what type of accounting field best describes you? For example, Forensic Accounting or Tax Accounting or … It's important to note that this is less to do with industry experience, but rather the technical area or classification of your experience. You can choose more than one area.
Please sign in to leave a comment.