What you need to know to complete your profile to apply for a job
Welcome to Compono! You are here because the employer for the job you are applying for has chosen Compono as their technology partner to help them understand you better, in terms of your background and skills, but also what environment and roles you’d thrive in.
However, Compono is as much for you as it is for the employer. We understand that applying for a job can be quite stressful so we are here to help you find the job that’s right for you. To this end, Compono uses a matching algorithm to help find the roles that suit you best.
So rather than completing your profile based on what you think the employer would want you to answer, consider what you want out of a job. Ultimately, you want to find a job that suits your needs and requirements as well as the employer. The Compono matching algorithm is only as good as the information you provide, so the more information you can provide, the better the matching works.
How to apply for your job
There are 3 steps to applying for a job using Compono for the first time:
For future jobs that use Compono, you can simply log in to your Compono account and submit your application.
1. Create your Compono Account
From the Compono job advertisement page:
- Click on the "Continue with Compono Hire" button
- Create your Compono account by entering your email address and creating a strong password, then click Sign Up.
- You will then need to verify your email address that you used to sign up. Be sure to check your SPAM/Junk folder for the verification email, and click on the Verify email button.
- Then fill in your personal details
- Once complete, click Save and you will be redirected to your Profile page.
- You will then be asked to upload your CV (and prefill profile information).
- Ensure that any prefilled information, i.e., Qualifications and Experience and skills, is accurate and complete. You will need to review these sections and update them as necessary. More detailed instructions for completing/updating these sections are given below.
At this point you will see the job application at the top of your Profile page, and you can click on Review to submit your application. But we STRONGLY recommend that you first complete your profile.
2. Complete your profile
We recommend you fill in your profile with as much detail as possible:
- Complete/update your qualifications
- Complete/update your experience and skills
- Complete your job happiness preferences
- In the Documents upload section, upload any documents that you want to be visible to any employer when you apply for jobs using Compono. Note that job specific documents, e.g. cover letters that are written for a specific employer, should be uploaded in the job application step below.
- In the Links/Professional Sites section, share any professional links (e.g. LinkedIn) that you want to be visible to any employer when you apply for jobs using Compono.
Note: Your Compono profile is a living document which you can review and edit at any time. Simply log in to your account to make any updates. Employers will see the most recent version.
3. Submit your application
Find your job application at the top of your profile page. If you have applied for multiple roles, you can scroll through these roles using the "Previous role"/"Next role" buttons above the job application.
- Click the Review button
- You will be given the opportunity to update your profile information
- If the job you are applying for has pre-screening questions, then you will need to complete them in the Prerequisite Questions section.
- In the Job Specific Documents section, you can upload any documents (e.g. cover letter) that are specific to this role. (These documents will not be visible to other employers if you apply for another job using Compono).
- Click Submit application
- After a few seconds, you will be taken back to your Profile page, with a message confirming that your profile has been submitted for the role.
Note: If you are not ready to submit your application, but wish to save the information on the application page, click Save for later. You can return to this application by logging into your Compono account and clicking on the Review button for this job again.