In Clui, you can automate courses by including Action modules designed to trigger various operations at certain points within a course. Action modules are not visible to learners.
The following actions are available:
- Send email - Send an email to the learner or another nominated person when the learner reaches the module. When sending an email to another person, you can only provide one email address. To send an email to multiple recipients, add multiple 'Send email' actions to the Action module.
- Set status - Change the learner's course status when they reach the module.
- Lock enrolment - Lock the course to the learner according to their course status when they reach the module.
- Reset progress - Reset the course progress of learners who maintain a selected status for a set amount of time (for instance, you may want all learners who have passed the course to re-complete the course after 12 months). You can also set up to three reminders to be sent to learners by email when their progress is soon to be reset.
- Assign course - Assign one or more courses to the learner when they reach the module.
- Webhook - Send a webhook when the learner reaches the module.
- Edit group memberships - Edit the group memberships of the learner when they reach the module by adding or removing them from certain groups.
To add an Action module to a course, follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course.
- Click Add Module in the section of the course where you want the action to be triggered, and select the Action module type.
- Give the module a name.
- In the Actions section, click Add action, select the action type, then define the action in the action module.
- Repeat the previous step for each action you want to include.
- Click Save.
The Action module is added to the course.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.