Although access settings can be configured on a course-by-course basis, you can also set default settings for all courses in your learning space.
Note: Access settings for courses determine who can view and enrol in courses and who courses are mandatory for, as well as how long learners have to complete courses once enrolled. Group-specific accessibility and course time limits override those that are set for all learning space users, however, these can only be set on the course level.
Follow these steps to set default access settings:
- Click the arrow next to your account name in the top-right corner of Clui and select Learning space settings.
- On the CUSTOMISATION tab, scroll down to the Default course access section.
- Next to All learning space users and Users not logged in, select the checkboxes depending on the type of access you want these users to have and optionally set the number of days or weeks learners have to complete the course after they're enrolled (in the Time limit text box).
- Click Save (bottom of screen).
The default access settings for courses in your learning space are set. Your changes to these settings won't affect the access settings of existing courses in your learning space, but will serve as the default settings for all new courses.
For information about setting access settings on a course-by-course basis, see 'Managing access settings for courses'.
For more information about learning space settings, see 'Managing your learning space settings' or Configuring the common settings of courses in your learning space' for course-specific settings.
Available access settings
The following access to courses in your learning space is available:
- View: Enables learners to see courses but not enrol in or launch them.
- Enrol: Enables learners to see courses, enrol in and then launch them.
- Mandatory: Enables learners to see courses, enrol in and then launch them. When 'Mandatory' is selected, courses also display as 'Mandatory' to learners when viewing courses on the Courses page. Courses that are mandatory also appear when reporting on mandatory courses.
If you do not want courses to be visible by default, leave all checkboxes clear. This option may be useful if you want to enable course creators to keep courses hidden until they're ready to be published. Users with permission to enrol learners in courses can still assign courses, as required.