After you upload a SCORM package to a course, you may return to the module configuration modal to manage advanced SCORM Cloud settings.
Note: We recommend you only make changes to the default settings if you're experienced using SCORM Cloud. The default settings are determined by the SCORM version of the package you upload (usually SCORM 2004 3rd, 2004 4th or legacy version, 1.2).
In the modal for configuring your SCORM module ('Edit SCORM course module'), expand the section 'SCORM Cloud settings' to open certain advanced settings that have been exposed in Clui. These settings apply to the current SCORM module only; not the entire course or other SCORM modules within the course.
For greater detail about these settings, refer to Rustici Software's own documentation on SCORM Cloud:
- SCORM overview - https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/
- Documentation - https://cloud.scorm.com/docs
- Glossary - https://scorm.com/scorm-explained/scorm-resources/glossary/
When you expand the advanced settings, the version of the uploaded SCORM package is displayed (usually SCORM 2004 3rd, 2004 4th or legacy version, 1.2).
The available settings are:
- Launch behaviour - Specifies how individual components of the SCORM module are launched. The default selection is 'Framset' which means the player or SCO (shareable content object) is displayed in a child frameset. This selection is recommended for most circumstances. See 'PlayerScoLaunchType' in SCORM Cloud.
- Latest version rollover - Determines whether learners are required to complete new versions of a SCORM package if uploaded after they're enrolled in the module. The default selection is 'Never' which indicates learners who have already launched or completed the SCORM module are not moved to the new version. See 'Existing Registrations' in SCORM Cloud. Note, new registrations are always required to complete the latest version.
- Maximum suspend data size - Specifies how much data is stored (in bytes) in relation to the state of a learner’s module enrolment to determine where the learner is returned to if they exit the module without completing it and later relaunch it. The default setting is '64000' for version 2004 and '4096' for legacy versions such as version 1.2. See 'PlayerSuspendDataMaxLength' in SCORM Cloud.
- Score rollup mode - Specifies how the player calculates scores from individual SCOs (shareable content objects). The default selection is 'Average Score of All Units with Scores'. See 'PlayerScoreRollupModeValue' in SCORM Cloud.
- Number of scoring objects - Indicates the number of scoring objects to roll up. The default setting is '0'. For more information, see 'PlayerScoreRollupModeNumberOfScoringObjects' in SCORM Cloud.
- Status rollup mode - Determines how the player calculates the completion status from individual SCOs (shareable content objects). The default selection is 'Complete When All Units are Complete and Not Failed' which means the module is marked as complete when each of the SCOs is complete and none are failed. See 'PlayerStatusRollupModeValue' in SCORM Cloud.
- Threshold score for completion (0.0-1.0) - Determines the threshold for completion. This value is a decimal between 0.0 and 1.0 (multiply the value by 100 to equate it to a percentage). The default setting is ‘0’, however, this setting only applies when the ‘Status rollup mode’ is set to ‘Complete When Threshold Score Is Met’ (non-default selection). See 'PlayerStatusRollupModeThresholdScore' in SCORM Cloud.
- Return to LMS action - Determines how learners are returned from the SCORM module to the course page in Clui. The default setting for version 2004 3rd and legacy versions such as version 1.2 is 'Legacy' which allows the module to give control to Clui. For version 2004 4th, the default setting is 'Selectable' which allows learners to exit the module by clicking a button. See 'PlayerReturnToLmsAction' in SCORM Cloud.
- Apply rollup status to success status - Specifies whether the success status of the module is updated according to the ‘Status rollup mode’ instead of only the completion status. By default, this option is not enabled. See 'PlayerApplyRollupStatusToSuccess' in SCORM Cloud.
- First SCO is pretest - Specifies whether the first SCO (shareable content object) in the module is considered a pretest. When enabled, the entire module is marked as complete after the first SCO is passed. By default, this option is not enabled. For more information, see 'PlayerFirstScolsPretest' in SCORM Cloud.
- New window desired full screen - Indicates if the module is best experienced in full screen. By default, this option is enabled. See 'PlayerDesiredFullScreen' in SCORM Cloud.
- Rollup at SCO unload - Allows the calculation of learner scores to be invoked at the time of SCO (shareable content objects) unload for SCOs that do not follow the standard. By default, this option is enabled for version 1.2 but not enabled for version 2004. See 'PlayerRollupRuntimeAtScoUnload' in SCORM Cloud.
- Invoke rollup at suspend all - Allows scores to be calculated when the SCO (shareable content object) is suspended. By default, this option is not enabled. See 'PlayerInvokeRollupAtSuspendAll' in SCORM Cloud.
To troubleshoot issues experienced by learners when trying to complete a SCORM module, refer to 'Why isn't my SCORM module working on Clui?'.