Clui includes AVETMISS functionality which can be switched on for your learning space if you're required to report on RTO (Registered Training Organisation) activities. Note, however, that Clui's AVETMISS functionality is unable to perform USI (Unique Student Identifier) validations.
AVETMISS (Australian Vocational Education and Training Management Information Statistical Standard) is a national data standard that ensures the consistency and accuracy of vocational education and training (VET). For more information, please see 'What is AVETMISS' on the NCVER (National Centre for Vocational Education Research) website.
If AVETMISS support is turned on for your Clui learning space, administrators will have access to the following:
- Learning space AVETMISS settings - Your organisation's RTO details. For more information, see 'Managing your learning space settings'.
- Course AVETMISS data module - The AVETMISS details attached to each course (not visible to learners). For more information, see 'Using AVETMISS modules in your Clui courses'.
- User AVETMISS data module - A module within the course for capturing learner details for AVETMISS reporting. For more information, see 'Using AVETMISS modules in your Clui courses'.
- AVETMISS NAT files report - An additional report on the Reports page. When you run the report, all learner, course and learning space AVETMISS data is compiled into NAT files which you can submit to NCVER for RTO reporting. For more information, see 'Running reports'.
Using AVETMISS modules in your Clui courses
- RTO details - You must add your organisation's RTO details to the AVETMISS tab of your learning space settings.
- Course and User AVETMISS modules - You must add both AVETMISS modules (course and user) to all applicable courses.
The User AVETMISS data module captures details completed by learners when doing the course. If a learner has already filled in their AVETMISS data when completing another course, the details are pre-populated. After a learner completes an AVETMISS form in a course, the details are stored on their profile where administrators can access and edit, as required.
- The User AVETMISS data module should be in the FIRST section of the course
- There should only be ONE of these User AVETMISS data modules per course
IMPORTANT: Clui does not perform USI (Unique Student Identifier) validations. Incorrect USI's will cause errors when generating AVETMISS reports. For information regarding how our other customers have set up AVETMISS, you can contact Compono's Customer Success team on email@example.com.
The Course AVETMISS data module is not visible to learners when completing the course and contains information completed by the course administrator.
- The Course AVETMISS data module should be at the END of a course, or after the point where the user has satisfied the requirements necessary to achieve the competency or skill
- There can be multiple Course AVETMISS modules in a single course, but they must each be in separate sections.
- The Course AVETMISS data module should NOT be in the same section as a User AVETMISS module
For more information about adding modules to courses, see 'Creating or editing a course'.