You can set course access in the settings of each course. For example, you can give or restrict access to all members of a group, you can make certain courses mandatory to all learners within your learning space or you can make courses visible (but not available for enrollment) to people who are not signed into your learning space.
Follow these steps:
- Locate the relevant course on the ALL COURSES tab of the Courses page.
- Hover over the course and click the pen (edit) icon that appears.
- Change to the SETTINGS tab.
- In Enrolment requirements:
- Optionally select prerequisite courses by locating them in the list and clicking Add.
- Optionally exclude groups from the prerequisite requirements by locating them in the list and clicking Add.
- In Access settings:
- Next to All learning space users and Users not logged in, select the checkboxes depending on the type of access you want these users to have and optionally set the number of days or weeks learners have to complete the course after they're enrolled (in the Time limit text box).
- In Group-specific access, optionally locate and select any groups you want to give different access to, click Add, then select the checkboxes accordingly and optionally set the number of days or weeks members of the group have to complete the course after they're enrolled.
- Click Save Changes at the bottom of the form.
Your access settings for the course are saved.
For information about changing the default settings, see 'Setting default access settings for the courses in your learning space'.
Available access settings
The following access to courses is available:
- View: Enables learners to see the course but not enrol in it or launch it.
- Enrol: Enables learners to see the course, enrol in it and then launch it.
- Mandatory: Enables learners to see the course, enrol in it and then launch it. When 'Mandatory' is selected, the course also displays as 'Mandatory' to learners when viewing the course on the Courses page. The course will also appear when reporting on mandatory courses.
If you do not want the course to be visible, leave all checkboxes clear. Users with permission to enrol learners in courses can still assign the course, as required.
Learners will be able to view and launch any course they have been enrolled into, unless the course is archived. For more information about archiving a course, see 'Archiving a course'.