Clui includes a range of fields that enable you to store and report on information related to the activity and users in your learning space.
You can create additional fields, known as custom fields, to store information that is unique to your business.
For example, you may want to add a field to collect user information called 'Location' and prompt users to provide or select a relevant response upon signup or registration.
To add a custom field in Clui:
- Click the arrow next to your account name in the top-right corner of Clui and select Learning space settings.
- Change to the CUSTOMISATION tab and scroll down to the Custom Fields section.
- Click Create custom field.
- Give the field a name, for example, 'Location'.
- Select the type of object you want to collect data on from the Usage drop-down menu. The available object types are User, Course, Group, Event, and Event Session.
- Select the field type:
- Text - Allows the user completing the custom field to type a value.
- Dropdown - Limits the user completing the custom field to the values that you provide. When you select this option, a section called Dropdown options appears at the bottom of the form where you can set the options.
- Select the following options as necessary:
- Number input only - Limits the user completing the custom field to numeric values.
- Shown in the Clui learning space - Makes the field visible in the interface (selected by default). Clear this option if you want to use custom fields but hide them from users in Clui. For example, if you want to use them for reporting purposes only.
- Shown at login or registration - Prompts users to complete the custom field upon login or registration. This is only applicable when 'User' is selected as the object type.
- If you selected Dropdown as the field type, specify the options in the Dropdown options section.
- Click Save.
Repeat the steps to create as many custom fields as necessary for your learning space.
Please sign in to leave a comment.