For courses that learners are required to complete periodically, you can set a 'Reset progress' action module. This type of action module causes each learner's progress for the course to be reset after a specified number of days (usually following their completion).
For example, if a course is required to be completed every three months, you would set the number of days to '90'.
Follow these steps:
- Complete the usual steps to create a course or enter edit mode for the course you want learners to repeat periodically.
- Click Add Module in the place where you want to add the reset action (this is usually at the end of a course).
- Select Action from the module options that appear.
- Give the module a name then click Add action and select Reset progress.
- Configure the reset action by indicating the number of days before each learner's progress is reset (e.g. for one month, enter '30')
- Optionally change the selection for the Reset progress if enrolment status is drop-down menu to 'Passed' or 'Failed' (the default selection is 'Any status') and provide information to include in the email notification sent to learners when their course progress is reset.
- Optionally configure up to three reminder emails for learners by specifying when to send them.
- Click Save, then click Save again.
For more information about action modules in Clui, see 'Using action modules to automate a course'.
For more information, see 'Adding modules to a course'.